Available for a minimum of 3 months from Fall 2011 to Summer 2012
East Coast Style meets West Coast Ease
Designed by Don Nulty
Gardens by Grant Castleberg
Interiors by Megan Yager Designs
Completed in March 2008
Inspired by Robert Stern’s Cape Cod style houses, this 10,000+ square foot masterpiece is the perfect blend of 20th century craftsmanship and 21st century amenities.
Set on 2.2 acres, this estate is perfectly secluded in the area’s best microclimate and provides ocean and mountain views from one of Montecito’s most sought-after streets.
It is unusual to find a finely crafted shingle style house in Santa Barbara, where Mediterranean design is more common. Yet the style fits perfectly in this beautiful coastal area, perched above the Pacific Ocean.
The house was designed with a desire to blend elegance and approachability. It is a beautiful home that is also completely liveable. Thought was given to every detail: architectural, interior design and amenities.
The interior design reflects the owners’ desire to have a house that was happy yet elegant. There is tremendous use of color throughout the house, in soothing shades that blend effortlessly while emphasizing architectural details. The custom furnishings are sophisticated and comfortable, and are mixed with antiques.
In addition to 5 bedroom, 9 bath main house, there are three outbuildings with full baths on the property (Guest House, Pool House and Pool Cabana), as well as a Gardener’s Bath. That brings the total to 7 bedrooms and 13 baths.
Amenities include oversized kitchen with Carrera marble counters and top of the line appliances, adjacent breakfast nook for casual dining, state of the art media room with seating for ten, fully equipped exercise room, music room, craft room and sun room. Outdoor fun includes a 65’ saltwater pool with hot tub and automatic cover, beautifully landscaped creek area with handmade log bridges and kids’ tree fort, 35’x70’ sports court, putting/chipping green and two three-car garages.
Full service is included in this lease: full time housekeeper, handy man, pool/fountain service, grounds keeping service, personal trainer 2x/week (optional), and on-site security service (optional)
· Extraordinary woodwork – hand-carved pillars, huge exposed beams, old fashioned wood paneled rooms, oak pocket doors, coffered ceilings, dark stained floors, gorgeous staircases
· Pocket doors between living and dining rooms for either added intimacy or a “wow” factor when dinner is served
· Old world charm – stained glass windows, laundry chute, mud room, marmoleum floors in laundry and craft rooms, weighted double hung windows, oval windows in selected rooms
· Terraces off Master Bedroom, Craft room, library, dining room, and family room
· Oversize walk in, octagonal closet in Her Master Bath
· Thoroughly modern/large bathrooms – his bath has 6-head programmable shower, her bath has large step in shower and separate Waterworks tub with ocean views
· ·Gorgeous laundry room – two washing machines, two dryers, ironing mangle, bubble soaking sink, ample counter space
· 21 zone SONOS distributed audio throughout house and grounds
· Computer controlled lighting and HVAC
· Top grade appliances in kitchen: dual ovens, 6 burner Wolf range, Subzero glass front fridge/freezer, two Subzero fridge drawers
· Incredible collection of modern art (acclaimed 20th century Abstract Expressionism and California Plein Aire painters)
· Creek with huge log bridges, handcrafted ash benches, kids’ tree fort
· Huge boulders for sitting/climbing
· 65’ saltwater pool with adjacent hot tub (seating for 10)
· 35’x70’ sports court (full court basketball, paddle tennis, volleyball, badmitton, tetherball) with “rebounder” accessory for individual practice sessions
· 7 Hole putting green with adjacent chipping area
· Formal rose garden with fountain and over 60 mature rose bushes
· Full gym with Hoist Universal Weight System, Expresso computerized exercise bike, LifeCycle Arc Trainer, ballet bar, full dumbbell set and Bosu/Balance Balls (great sound system and flat screen TV in gym area)
· Ten seat state of the art media room with Sony projection, xBox, Apple TV, and 10 speaker surround sound.
· Two outdoor BBQ/dining areas with outdoor fireplaces
· Full bar off first floor hall with sink, fridge and retractable pocket doors to keep it out of sight if so desired
· 1200 bottle temperature controlled wine room
· Four indoor and two outdoor fireplaces
· High end security system
· Gated main entrance and second, gated service entrance to lower garage and parking area
Bedroom / Bath Details:
· Master Bedroom: King bed, His bath w/steam shower, Her bath w/pedestal tub, separate shower.
· Bedroom #2: Queen bed, en suite full bath
· Bedroom #3: Full bed (with optional twin bunk), en suite
· Bedroom #4: Twin bed, en suite
· Bedroom #5 (Guest room on first floor): King Bed, en suite
· Guest House: King Bed, LR, bath w/shower
· Pool House: Queen Bed, LR, full bath
· Two half-baths on first floor
· Bath w/shower in Basement
· Gardener’s half-bath by lower garage