Carey Kendall has been a resident of Montecito/Santa Barbara since 1975, after graduating with a B.A. in Economics. In 1980, Carey completed the USC Broker Development Course, a comprehensive series of real estate courses over many months and later that year he earned his California Real Estate Broker License. Over the past decades, a thorough knowledge and experience in residential, land and commercial properties has been developed through extensive sales in all these real estate arenas.
In 1995, Carey and his wife, Alix, built their horse ranch on 10-acres in Los Olivos, a township in the beautiful Santa Ynez Valley. Both Carey and Alix have followed their life long passion in the equine world with the development of their ranch and home.
Additionally, since the 1970’s Carey has followed his interest in pre-war and post-war vintage automobiles and this interest provided travels world wide, including participating in various car events across many regions of this country. Through these associations, a vast network of clients and friends was built over many years.
He brings the worldwide contacts developed from this diverse background to the table in the marketing of special properties.
The following are just a few landmark real estate sales:
• The disposition of beach property for the Harvey Mudd Family.
• The Burlenbach Estate to Attorney Gerry Spence
• The Margaret Mallory Estate on Ortega Ridge in Montecito
• Various parts of the legendary Hammond estate “Flaps Up”
Santa Ynez Valley Ranch / Estate properties
• Callisto Farms built by the retired chairman of Bechtel Corp.
• Palacio del Rio (one of the most historically significant properties in the Valley)
• The 256 acre Corral de Quati owned by the legendary producer, Ray Stark
• The historical Westerly Stud Farms in Happy Canyon
Vacant Land Parcels • Many parcels of various sizes over the past couple of decades
Commercial Buildings • Solvang Outlet Center now called The Solvang Village Center comprising approximately 70,000 square ft of mixed use commercial, retail and residential apartments. This represented one of the largest single commercial property sales in the Santa Ynez Valley.
• The Valley Oaks Bank Building in Solvang, CA. Notable corner building of approximately 12,000 square feet.
• Commercial building in Santa Ynez at the corner of Faraday and Sagunto.
• Commercial building on Grand Ave. in Los Olivos (Santa Ynez Valley)
• Ocean front property in Carpinteria, CA (Santa Barbara County) with an acre of mixed use potential; presently being used as a restaurant.
• Industrial Building in Westlake Village
Get in Touch:
(805) 689-6262 Direct Line / Cell
(805) 688-1620 Office
(805) 686-1499 Fax